FCC License Renewal Information
Each renewal cycle (and for other reasons) brings the need to do on-air announcements relating to filings.
Sometime in 2020, 73.3580 (b) was adjusted. Formerly, post-filing announcements were spread over three months. This is no longer true:
- Applicants may broadcast the first on-air announcement as early as the date of the release of the FCC public notice that the renewal application has been accepted for filing.
- The on-air announcements must commence no later than the fifth business day following the release of the FCC public notice that the renewal application has been accepted for filing.
- A total of six (6) announcements are to be made in the four weeks following acceptance of the renewal application for filing.
- There are to be no more than one announcement per day and no more than two announcements per week.
- Announcements are to be made at any time between 7 AM and 11 PM local time, Monday through Friday.